Sunday, August 10, 2008

19 Miles in 90+ degree weather


Mom and I went for our 18 mile walk in Bakersfield yesterday. We started at 5:45am to beat the heat...we lost that battle :o) It was HOT! We started from our house and walked to Starbucks (mile 3) to get our morning pick me up. From there we headed East then made a big circle to end up on the bluffs overlooking the beautiful oil fields. This was our beautiful view... Our plan was to walk to the end of a park along the bluffs but we had to take a small detour to find a restroom. Apparently, Bakersfield does not support restrooms in public areas. So our 18 mile walk turned into 19! The last two miles were miserable with the temperature reaching 95ish. All we could think about was the swimming pool. But boy did the refreshing water feel great!
Trish, our walk was not as scenic as yours! But we are looking forward to seeing all the great landmarks in a couple of weeks!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi! I didn't know you were blogging about your race. Way to train, tiger :) Good to hear from you. I miss you and love you!

T-mom said...

Great walking - what motivation too. The pool at the end. The only time I ever ran a mile was when I was helping a friend get ready for her walk. I had to run to find a restroom.

Jenn Jenn said...

Wow - your scenery looks almost as nice as ours was on Saturday :) I will post pictures tonight :)