Sunday, August 10, 2008

Training Walks

Well I got in a training walk yesterday. Tom and I went to San Francisco and parked at pier 3 (near the Ferry Building and the Bay Bridge). We then proceeded to walk to the Golden Gate Bridge along the Bay Trail. We could of swore there and back was 12 to 14 miles - but no - 11 MILES is all!! The walk was beautiful. The morning started very foggy and windy - fog, the type where you feel the mist on you. Tourist every where with newly purchased San Francisco sweatshirts and jackets filled this route. The trail passes Pier 39, Fisherman Wharf, Aquatic Park, the Marina, Crissy Field, and ends at Ft. Point (one of the only Civil War forts built on the west coast) underneath the Golden Gate Bridge. After touring the fort and grabbing lunch at the warming hut on Crissy Fields back we trooped to the Bay Bridge. The sun broke through and even Alcatraz looked good. This route will definitely be on the 3 day because we end up for the closing ceremonies at the marina. How could you have a 3 day and not view these sites. I just cannot figure out how they get us from the Cow Palace there...? It was a great morning and got me excited about the walk and walking with all of you.
I hear everyone else had longer walks - lets hear about them valley girls!!

2 comments:

Jenn Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn Jenn said...

I am getting more and more excited too! But I have to tell you, not sure how I was walking differently than normal but my tush hurts today! I am walking like I have a stick up my rear but I am going to blame it more on my horse ride on Friday than the walking :)